Saturday, February 18, 2012

New Front Runner Speaks Out

Santorum Hits Romney For "Inconsistency" On Bailouts

"I would just make the argument that my position is consistent," Rick Santorum said on "On the Record" on Thursday night. "My positions says that I'm not for the government getting involved in bailouts, period. And that, to me, is something that the folks in Detroit say, 'Well, look, he's a man of principle. Here's a man who believes in letting destructive capitalism work, going through a bankruptcy process for the Wall Street banks as well as for Detroit, as opposed to Gov. Romney, who claims to be, you know, hail from southwest Michigan and be a great defender of and understanding of the industrial heartland of this area, where he supported his friends on Wall Street but did not support the auto industry. That's where I think the inconsistency is. It's not in my position."

"If you're looking for consistency, someone who actually believes in and tries to live out in their public policy...the economic plan that I put forward, and you see a consistency in my record. You'll see it with me. You won't see it with Gov. Romney. This is just one of many issues where he has been on both sides of the issue, being for it in some cases, against it in others, and now trying to explain why he picked big banks over big auto."

Commentary

Sorry Mitt the truth is coming out

No comments:

Post a Comment